bokor architecture + interiors' duty was to amalgamate two existing loft-style apartments into one; with a new kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms.
The building now known as M Central was originally Sydney's first wool store in Pyrmont in 1882. The wool store was then converted into a car park in the late 1980s and also housed the motor museum which became well known for its slot car track. The building continued to operate as a car park until its conversion to residential apartments which were completed in 2005.
The previous layout of the apartments devalued the use of natural sunlight and space; bokor completely stripped out the existing apartment to expose the structure and accentuate the raw elements. These accentuated raw elements contrast effectively with the accuracy of the simple cabinetry – using dark timber veneer panels, a Fontainebleau kitchen bench top and elegant joinery items. The new minimalist interior allows the owners to furnish spaces and adopt them to various uses.